2008-10-01

Guh

Someone went to the bathroom the other day mid-lecture, came back, asked me, "Did I miss anything important?"
I answered no, not at all, but I wished she had. But no, nothing important, not at all. I was taking notes in the library today. I have a midterm coming up. My notes read: Seth= God of Darkness/ Hippo= Destructive
Maybe I need to remember that.
And I quote a professor of mine when I say, unenthusiastically, "So that's the latest on Nefertiti." The vocabulary I'm learning to use sounds like "Guh" and means the feeling in the pit of my stomach.

School is important. And I understand why. But I'm lacking proof.

My papa would have said, and I often now say, "Twenty years from now it won't make a damn bit of difference." My want is that it would.

1 comment:

Mimy said...

Maybe twenty years from now, it won't make a difference in your professional or social life, or maybe it will... but one thing for sure is that every experiences, including school, contribute on building the person you are, and are going to be...

So, it can just make a difference...