2008-10-26

Silver Apples

Last night I opened my window and let a cumulonimbus in. The tropical air collided with the polar air, droplets of water turned into a white fluffy gas, and now there is a localized storm watch at 7 Home, the basement.

I figure that this front, when it hits the jet stream from the laundry room, is just going to take off and we’ll have a super cell above the ironing board. You can forecast a storm by the behaviours of the animals and the bugs. The spider on my ceiling looked like an astronaut in training for zero gravity, going, at my calculations, 100 spins per minute. Until I stopped her with a life-brand tissue.

I’ve weather proofed my rug, by covering it with all my clothes, and I’ve weather proofed my school work, by tucking it away under everything else. And I am weighted down, so don’t worry.

1 comment:

adk said...

This entry feels good.