2010-03-20

My Good Bad Habit

I write people nice letters when I'm drunk. Or, more often, I conceptualize nice letters to write to people, and then, as the evening continues, forget where my feelings of altruism came from. The other evening, at the bar, I was thinking about the loveliness of Greg and Stephanie's blog, and the loveliness of those people, and I made it into a letter in my head. Often, sometimes, too, for some reason I'm not sure of, I think of people in the service industry who are good at their jobs. I remember Fiona who gave us popcorn, an extra large coke, honest opinions about the films, and shared with us her good nature. Months after actually being at the theater, after a pint or two, I remember Fiona and I think, I should write the Galaxy a letter, it's not too late.

1 comment:

adk said...

Knowing your daydreams when drinking are about complimenting people who do good jobs does not surprise me.

I already knew you were kickass.