2010-02-06

Conversation Topic:

So far, I have met Elvis Stojko twice. The first time I was under 10, at a soccer camp, and he bought a lemonade from the vending machine behind me. I was waiting in line for something in the recreation center. I guess that doesn't count as "meeting Elvis". But anyway, the second time I met Elvis he was no longer a figure skater. He was into martial arts then, and perhaps he still is now. He was shopping at the grocery store where I was a cashier. My manager insisted she serve him at the cash, because it's a big deal to help Elvis Stojko, I guess. She would flap her hands back and forth in excitement, god bless her, because to her he was a megababe. Mid-check-out the power went out and there he was, in line, with his bag of oranges, stuck. It delayed him about 10 minutes or so, and if I remember right he was good spirited about it. Stojko eats organic. I bet you're not surprised. I want to know about the time(s) you met Elvis Stojko, Kurt Browning, Kristi Yamaguchi, Tonya Harding, or any other famous figure skater. What was he/she like? 

1 comment:

Scott Herder said...

Nancy sees the foreboding of that green and envious outfit.