2010-01-01

Knew Yuhs

Each and every year a "Happy New Year," like it's a matter of fact. Last year the girl next to me bought a house and met Nick, and she asked me what did I do?

This is why New Year's Eve and disco balls are so well paired together. The end of a year and lots of spiraling broken reflections. This I suppose about sums it (everything) up. The goods and evils of self-reflection going 'round and 'round. ("The problem with cyclical things is..."). All the most beautiful moments, like even the most delicious yogurt, can turn sour.

It's my nature to want to make things be or seem okay. But it's okay for things to be downright shitty for a little while.

I need a good romp in the snow or an old dog to pet.

1 comment:

SA said...

i got some snowpants that need to get dirtied up.

just saying.