2008-01-18

Subject: On Mail (A Lengthy Post)

On her four fingers she wrote, "Action", "Expression", "Honesty" and "Comfort," I said, "You've got a thumb left for love." She said, "I've got too much hate." With all abounding thoughts on action resting violently in my head I've forgotten some important things, mainly honesty. Mainly honest expression. Lack of honest expression has led me... let's just say it's led me astray in the past. I would use one of my four fingers for bravery, rather than comfort, because I feel I need it for the other three, and I feel that it's a weakening fear of discomfort that allows me to lie to myself. Everything under a smile.

One day I walked with an elderly woman to the post office. We met because I giggled at her opening a door with her bum, "You gotta use what you got." She said she was sick of writing letters because she had sent so many to her brothers and husband during the war. Mail is important. It's a little bit of all four fingers.

2 comments:

robinacraftmoney said...

facebook takes a shit on my hotmail every day too.

i love you long time, lynn kane.
xo

Unknown said...

Forget fingers - I could use a "bravery" medal to pin on my chest and an "honest expression" megaphone.

I love your writing.