2007-12-03

Red Hot Drops


My roommate, to some degree, lives by a credo, or perhaps it's simply an explanation. Either way, "Making bad decisions all the time" can sometimes result in wonderful moments. Decisions you make at a "Cake and Spandex" dance party can hardly be expected to be rational in the first place. Following and because of said (er, rather unsaid) decisions I received the biggest, warmest, most loving and caring embrace from Suzanne.

Most would say, and I can't really disagree, that walking home in the pouring rain in December at 9:00 at night is a "poor decision". When feeling under the weather, it's probably not a bright idea to put yourself under bad weather. But if I hadn't I wouldn't have seen Johnson Green lit up with that nighttime winter red sky. The geese at the river (shouldn't they have flown south by now?) sat or stood half on the ice and half on the water. Accordingly, it appeared that some were frozen while others moved slowly. Dave End and Chad Vangaalen personally serenaded me on the way home, perfectly in sync with mood and weather. Chad made me mellow and Dave made me love everything.

Now, I need to make it quite clear that "Making bad decisions all the time" does not always lead to such harmonious conclusions. As a disclaimer I should state, bad decisions are called "bad" for a reason. My punishment: Oil of Oregano must become part of my diet for the next few days. Also, my boots are wet, and my hair has that "too soft" feeling from rainwater that is lovely to touch, but now I look like a 12 year old boy.

Posting this on my 'blog', or 'online journal' as some prefer to call it, also probably isn't very clever of me. Another bad decision. Mum, the Kane children's number 1 blog fan, will be none too pleased at my rainy evening escapades. Sorry Lori.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm under the weather too. Maybe I'll drop off some warm non-chicken noodle soup for you.