2010-06-24

Where the watermelons grow

After work she said, "Where'd you park?"

And I said, "Down by the Bay."

That one was lost on her, I think.

I drove home and listened to track five once more before turning off the CJSW cd for at least another day. That is my song of the summer, and I'm not sure what it's called. The woman whose voice I've been singing along with has actually been a man's voice all along, maybe. This summer, so far, is marked by driving, not riding. I've turned in my Bianchi for my mother's Caravan. That is this summer, so far. I graduated, turned older, dunked my head into the speed river, and made resolutions, again: this time "stay sassy" was one of them.

2 comments:

adk said...

How do you say it? "Bee-yon-kee" or "bee-yon-chi"?. Gosh I would love to see more pictures of her. One would do. In a great spot. Top of a hill. Only you will be able to hear the songs that were in your ears while you shot her. Even the people riding by won't know how good you feel. They'll just wonder.

I'm already jealous.

SA said...

This is such a tease!