2009-10-11

Dublin, Scotland.

The trunk in my foyer immigrated with a family from a village in Scotland in 1951. It traveled with them on a small freighter with only eleven passengers. It remained in their basement at 190 Dublin St. until they moved and it was mostly forgotten. I bought the trunk for $20 at a yard sale on Suffolk street a year ago, and brought it with me to 7 Home. I kept my sweaters in it. This August I moved to 190 Dublin St. and lugged it along with me. It has been left it in my foyer to collect dust and shoes. The trunk found its way back home, after being in, at the very least, 2 places since.
It's interesting to think of who else is moving what, right now (without knowing it), to the place where it belongs.
Or maybe it's more interesting to think of what's moving who.

No comments: