2008-12-23

Sit at my still

In case you didn't put enough in at home, they provide hairspray, clips, and elastics. Also a mirror, a comfortable chair, every copy of Rolling Stones Magazine, and all things embellished, gold, garish, plastic, and wonderful. This is only the bathroom.

Before I went I had a ball of yarn and a hook in my hand thinking, "Can I? No, no I can't, I can't be that person at a bar with their stitching crafts." Then I got there and there already was that person, making a lovely afghan. I could have been the person to give that person a knowing nod, like between two boaters, jeepers, bikers, and yes, between two crocheters making last minute gifts at the bar on Christmas eve eve. "Hello Miss" I'd say, "Some fine work."

Now I know that (almost) anything goes at the Moonshine. Even the rhythm flute (but not ventriloquism).