2008-04-16

Blog Spot

The tone of this space has changed since I started because readership affects authorship, and because I ran out of family photos. For some reason I thought I had to say really important things; there were lots of times when I had things to say that weren't, so I didn't. I like what everyone else is saying, and today I just want to say that. Who would have thought I would grow so connected to an online community of bloggers? Certainly not me. The surprise is that I'm not reading bloggers, I'm reading writers, really good ones. If I want to craft, I know who to look to. If I want to laugh, that's there too.

Over squid legs and seaweed I told my brother how different my life will be two weeks from now. It will be really different. I will not see the four girls faces I see everyday now. I will not stay in the library until it rudely beeps at me to leave. I will be outside. I will be doing hard work, really hard work. What I said though, and my first thought was, "Those things I check in on will change." There are authors I might know from spending time inside their books, but not really, and so choosing a favourite is hard to do. But I have spent time with these people who write, the ones "In the Bay", and they are among my favourite people, and they are authors, so they are my favourite authors. Of all the things I will miss I will miss connecting to people through the written word in the way in which I do now. I'm fine at writing mail but awful at sending it. I'll try my best though.

Suzanne Robinson, or Little Suzy, as she is now so often (and affectionately) called, told me "I'm going to tattoo my address on your butt, and I'll do it backwards so it's legible when you look in the mirror." Five minutes later she said she could just do it on my arm if I would prefer that. I think instead, only for financial reasons of course, I'll put it in pen ink in a notebook. I might only be as successful as I have been in the past, with letters even right now sitting on my desk unsent, but I'll try my best to write.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lynn-pie, use the three books I got you to write us love letters. You dont even need to mail them, we can wait until August. Also, draw for us on the covers, they're blank and just itching for your attention.

Unknown said...

haha I think I need to get a google account, how inappropriate of me to use that email.

sedat said...

nice blog thanks,
Play65